National Regional Qualified Dispensing Optician – Reading, Berkshire
My Client one of the leading Optical Domiciliary Companies is looking to recruit an experienced Qualified Dispensing Optician to work as a National Regional Dispensing Optician for the South. This is a Monday to Friday position; the role will involve supporting their optometrists and working on your own visiting patients in their own homes and within nursing and care homes. You will be competent in all areas of dispensing including low vision patients and aftercare, also in the management of information, including all NHS forms, daily company reports and information technologies. You will also be a confident driver as the role will involve quite a bit of travelling and on occasions you will be required to cover other geographical areas and be away from home from time to time
As a Regional Dispensing Optician, you will cover areas across the South of the UK with significant patient demand. You will be ideally based in the South East region, this role involves travel and offers you the chance to make a real difference in communities that need it most. You will be at the forefront of their mission to bring eye care to those who can't easily access it, embodying the company’s commitment to care without boundaries.
You will have the opportunity to help our most vulnerable patients with their eyesight in the comfort of their own environments. You’ll encounter a range of conditions and increased pathology, making the role clinically engaging and a refreshing change from the familiar test room environment. You will deliver our life-changing service, supporting our patients and providing vital eye care to people who may struggle to get to the high street unaided.
Your key Accountabilities
Your Qualifications and Knowledge
- Provide a gold standard eye test service to their patients.
- Always adhere to the GOC standards of practice
- Follow professional and sector guidance wherever possible and practicable.
- Create a safe working environment prioritising yours and your patients’ safety.
- Create an effective communication style that is sensitive to each patient’s unique and sometimes complex needs.
- Explain each procedure clearly.
- Confirm understanding of your recommendations and outcomes to appropriate parties eg: patient/care staff/family.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with central support and clinical staff throughout the company.
- Participate and contribute in clinical and commercial reviews.
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory training is completed.
Your Skills & Experience
- GOC registered
- Up to date CPD through events
- Awareness of regulations and working knowledge of latest industry updates
- Effective and flexible communicator to multiple parties
- Use of digital systems and attention to detail
- Confident driver with at least two years driving experience with the ability to find multiple locations
- Works calmly under pressure
- Pragmatic approach when problem solving
- Organised and able to multitask
- Working within own clinical knowledge and limitations
Health and Safety
- Maintain a good standard of equipment requesting new or replacement in a timely manner
- Maintain and complete stock checks when required
- Maintain appropriate levels of stationery and ophthalmic drugs
- Follow the company’s COVID, health, safety and environmental policies, guidelines and procedures always
- Follow all relevant company infection control procedures
- Report any incidents in the workplace appropriately and in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for own personal health and wellbeing, using company support mechanisms when needed
Health & Wellbeing
- Competitive base salary (£31k pa pro rata) & Commission
- Exec Company Car
- Pension (5%)
- Life Assurance x4
- Professional fees
- Accommodation and subsistence allowance (up to £25 per day)
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Wellness Support
- Full Access to Award Winning Health Supplier
- Improved work-life balance with no weekend work
To discuss this great opportunity please call Nicki on; 07515609482 quoting reference number;
Network Group Holdings is an Equal Opportunities Employer.