Optical Assistant – Patient Optical Advisor , Monday to Friday – Swindon, Wiltshire
My client a leading Optical Domiciliary Company has a vacancy for an Optical Assistant to work as a Patient Optical Advisor at their Head Office based in Swindon.
The role of a Patient Optical Advisor is vital in ensuring excellent customer service to their patients concerning their optical health care and visual correction. The position is office based and your particular contribution to the patient journey is providing essential aftercare support on the telephone and answering any queries that their patients, care givers or advocates may have regarding their vision, spectacles or professional recommendations.
Principle Duties and Requirements;
- Offering advice and guidance when directed to patients regarding any aftercare queries
- Managing patient/customer enquiries over a broad range of services, including responsibility for ensuring that further actions are taken or requested as appropriate
- Liaising with manager, qualified team members, internal and external colleagues to gather information and resolve issues
- To maintain effective means of communication at all times
- To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of service areas to ensure customers receive accurate information and a 'one stop' service for query resolution
- To ensure a 'seamless' service provided across service areas through effective teamwork, attention to detail and work management
- To be able to manage daily tasks and prioritise patient requirements
- Maintaining high standards at all times of personal appearance, timekeeping, attendance and respect of company policy
- Operating in line with company policies, procedures, NHS guidelines and current legislation at all times
- Offering recommendations/advice to internal and external colleagues when sought
- Recording all actions and decisions on record fully and accurately
- Any other reasonable requests that may be made from time to time
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving excellence in patient/customer care.
- Confident about working in a role where you enjoy seeking resolutions and successful outcomes.
- Flexible – willing to do what is necessary and go the 'extra mile' for patients
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Desire to succeed and excel
- Computer literate and willing to learn in-house systems
- Excellent attention to detail, adaptability, team work and professional judgement
- Career progression opportunities
- Private Medical Insurance (Bupa)
- Life assurance 4 x salary
- Discounted eye wear and hearing products
- Pension matched up to 5%
- Three ‘treat’ days granted for 100% attendance
- 28 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Working hours;Monday to Friday9.00am to 5.30pmThey are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, for more information on this great opportunity please contact Nicki on 07515609482 quoting reference number;V41104201
Network Group Holdings is an Equal Opportunities Employer.